Monday 22 April 2013

Box art: Super Famicom top 10


I like video game box art.

I like it a lot. So much so that I have been known to purchase more than the odd stinker of a game just because the picture on the front box was very pretty or interesting (Pachio-kun Special, anyone?). I know that to some people this practice is absolutely bonkers, but those who feel the same way will totally understand me.

I also like the Super Famicom...a lot.

In recent months my collection has swelled considerably and I now own a very healthy 147 complete in box (CIB) titles for my beloved 16bit box of tricks. And this got me thinking, in amongst this horde are some truly stellar examples of box art at its best, so I've been trying to tackle the difficult (and very fun) task of ranking them in top 10 format.

Anyways, starting today I intend to countdown through the list and try to explain why each example is appealing to me.

So, if you're a fellow box art nut, then please join me for the ride...

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be great! I love seeing box art, I can't wait to see what you've got in mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read many article regarding to this topic and done lots of research for the same. but here i get something new.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete